Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Facebook

While I've been on Facebook for a while, I have not joined any groups so this "thing" got me to venture out more into Facebook. The three groups that I joined are Elmentary School Librarians, Twilight, and the American Association of School Librarians. I also joined an organization called Coupons because I like finding great deals, even though I don't always have the time to get to them!

In regards to Facebook and finding people, it has been a great experience. I got back in touch with one of my college roommates that I thought I would never hear from again. We even have plans to meet this summer! In regards to co-workers, I'm very surprised by the large number that are members of Facebook---young, old, and in between. It's not just the teachers that have graduated from college in the last 5 years that are on Facebook. One of my coworkers is on Facebook and has taught for over 30 years. Then, in regards to family, this weekend I found my dad's first cousin on Facebook. She is now my "friend", and it will be great getting to touch base with her. We even talked about the history of kidney stones in our family, as I just had an attack and her brother suffers from them. What a great way to keep in touch with people that we might only see every ten or twenty years at family reunions.

No comments:

Post a Comment