Sunday, July 26, 2009

Instant Messaging

I'm using the http://webmessenger.msn.com/ for instant messaging, and my name is Dyann Campbell. I already had this account for years that I used for e-mail. What a surprise that I could also go through this to instant message. I didn't know that I could use this account for IM, so this "thing" has taught me to not get used to your accounts. Instead, grow with them as they grow. I think I get used to using something for just the purpose that I think that I need it for at that one particular time. I don't always force myself to see all the options something has to offer.

While I have not instant messaged a lot in the past, I have used IM two years ago when I was working on a grad. school assignment with a partner that was in a different city. Between e-mails and IM, our project turned out to be a true collaboration. I also have used IM inside of Facebook with one of my friends, before this module. I agree with others. It is nice, but I'm not on-line enough to make the most of it. It reminds me of Skype, where we are always calling my in-laws on the land line to tell them to get on their computer so they can talk and see their grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment