Thursday, July 30, 2009

LibraryThing

I liked LibraryThing. This might be nice to organize a small collection, if you had the time! I liked how I could see others that had the same books as me. I also liked the recommendations that are listed for a user based on his or her collection.
The tags are also a great way to organize a personal collection.

From reading ThingLang, ISBN Check, and MARCThing, I didn't quite understand the technical aspect of it, but it did make me realize that this site is always trying to upgrade itself and that the people at this site know their library lingo. Thus, I would say that this site is trying to prove their credibility.

I found the group, Librarians who LibraryThing, and I loved it. I read a couple of the posts, and I was laughing out loud. One discussion was about being able to call yourself a librarian, regarding do you have the degree. It was so funny. One person said that whether she has the title or not, her paycheck shows that she does not. Someone replied to it that while she has the title her paycheck does not show it! In the posts, you could tell there was some lightheartedness, but it also had some intellectual conversation as well. I had trouble finding the group, I See Dead People's Books. I looked at the different groups and even sorted them alphabetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment