Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Facebook

I already had a Facebook account. When I first set it up, I thought it was very easy to do. At the time, I didn't realize why I might not want to give them your e-mail address. This "thing" has made me a little more informed. I've enjoyed using this to reconnect with some of my college friends. It is amazing! That has been a definite plus.

One thing that does worry me is the privacy issue. You can mark for only friends to see your profile and pictures, but I have found that if one of your friends views a picture of a person that is his or her friend but not a friend of yours, then you can indirectly, through a link that shows what your friends are looking at, go look at those pictures. I also think that people are too naive about what they post on Facebook. I'm an educator, and some of the people that I work with, post way too much about their drinking habits and school gossip. Fortunately, that is their right, but I wouldn't put myself out there like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment