Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flickr

I thought it was pretty easy to download the pictures. It looks like I have a lot to play with. This site seems packed with a lot. I want to learn more about the tags. That looks really neat, and I read a little about it. Here is the link to my photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/39038487@N05/ ----btw, photostream was a new word for me.

When I looked at Flickr, I wondered about copyright. It seems like this could be a problem. A lot of times when people create PowerPoints this would be a great site to get some nice pictures, but these are still the property of others. I read the statement by Flickr concerning copyright. They seem to address it, but this does make you think differently---like the video in the previous section pointed out.

Also, I've heard about Creative Commons on a listserve, but I don't know exactly what it is. Is it just pictures where permission is given to use them?

No comments:

Post a Comment